I have been teaching voice writers to use speech recognition – ViaVoice and Dragon NaturallySpeaking – and Stenograph’s CATalyst VP since January of 2008.
As a sales rep for Stenograph from 2008 through 2011, I was contacted by many voice writers who had invested in another company’s CAT software but never used it to its full potential. Too many had no training and simply gave up trying to learn it. The software sat on a shelf, unused, all that money wasted.
The hard truth:
Voice writing with speech recognition is not magic!
The Good News:
I will teach you how to use Dragon and CATalyst VP in the comfort of your own home or in my office. Whether you choose in-person training or remote training, you will learn your software and become a happy Dragon/CATalyst user!
To make the most of your investment:
- Schedule your training as soon as possible.
- Take time to learn, and work with, Dragon. Dragon is what you use to “write.” The better you know Dragon, the cleaner your output.
- Understand that success with Dragon depends on your dictation style. Slurred or mumbled dictation will result in poor recognition.
- Complete your basic software training!
- Schedule more training so you can learn advanced features. CATalyst VP is a very powerful program. Learning the CATalyst “misrecognition management” will yield wonderful results, and learning the advanced features of CATalyst will enable you to get those transcripts out faster. It’s a worthwhile investment!
One of the most frequently asked training questions is, “How long will it take?” Unfortunately, the answer is, “I don’t know!” That’s because it isn’t up to me. I can provide the tools, but it is up to the individual to do the necessary work outside of training hours.